Friday Frosting is a catch-up post about happenings in my life and some of my favorite things!
It was a weird week. Holiday on Monday, snow day on Wednesday, 60 degrees on Thursday?! What is this weather? I’m not complaining… I love a snow day just as much as I love 60 degrees in February 🙂 Below pretty much sums up our snow day… Walter and I on our Laptops, Layla snuggled in between!
- Only thing missing from this photo is the 5+ episodes of Friday Night Lights we binged. Last year after I binged all of Parenthood I was asking what I could watch to fill the void. A lot of you suggested Friday Night Lights because it was written by the same producer. At the time I couldn’t find it for free anywhere, but now it’s free on Amazon! I’m hooked, but it’s not quite filling up my heart the way Parenthood did (yet), I will keep you posted 🙂
- Speaking of Parenthood, what has really helped me fill the void is Arm Chair Expert. I was one of the early adopters of this podcast by Dax Shepard (one of the stars of Parenthood), it’s now super popular and won best Breakout Podcast for 2018. I’ve listened to almost every episode. I could go on and on about it… do you listen? Some of my favorite episodes if you want to check it out are the interviews with Katie Couric, Dr. Phil, Vincent D’Onofrio, Mila Kunas and all of the interviews with other Parenthood actors 🙂
- I spent a lot of time listening to podcasts last year… one of the young employees at Nicecream recently asked me what kind of music I like, I said “country, but I mainly listen to podcasts these days” to which she asked “is that what happens when you become an adult?”… hahahaha, I’m old!
- I actually listened to a book last week, something I haven’t done in a while! I listened to Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert (you may know her as the author of Eat, Pray, Love). It’s really down-to-earth, but also inspirational. I would recommend it to anyone pursuing or thinking about pursuing a career in a creative field.
- This Fresh Peach and Walnut Salad is making me excited for summer recipes!
- Did you guys see that Banza came out with chickpea rice this week?! Pretty cool!
- Your next brunch should definitely include pizza!
- DC friends, mark your calendars! Nicecream is giving away free scoops of ice cream all day long at all locations on 3/21 to celebrate liquid nitrogen (nitrogen turns to liquid at -321°F) !
Have a great weekend! Stay dry!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that your price remains the same, but I may receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Sprinkles & Sea Salt!