You better not cry
Better not pout
I’m telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to town
He’s checking it twice”
… you know the rest.
But really, we all know Santa is in it for the cookies.
What are you making for him this year?! Let’s surprise him! Everyone likes surprises! Even Santa!
I asked him and he told me so!
For a few years when I was little we were leaving all sorts of things for everyone in the Santa universe… Santa, the Reindeers, Mrs. Clause, the Elves… no one could be left out! Carrots for the reindeers of course and then one year some sort of magic reindeer dust or something? Something really glittery is all I remember… my poor Mom, haha.
Who am I kidding, she loved it 😉
These Peanut Butter Surprise Kiss Cookies are like muddy buddies and peanut butter blossoms got together and had a love child. A Hershey’s Kiss hidden away inside a delicious peanut butter cookie coated in a powdered sugar. What’s not to love?! It’s like each cookie is a little Christmas Miracle!
These would be so much fun to make with kids! Getting to hide secret kisses for Santa?! Precious 🙂Print
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 24 Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, peanut butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy, 2-3 minutes
- Add vanilla extract, mix
- Slowly add flour, mix until fully combined
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F
- Form dough around each kiss forming a ball, you should not be able to see the kiss
- Place kiss wrapped dough balls on a prepared baking sheet
- Bake 10-12 minutes
- Cool completely
- Pour powdered sugar in a small bowl
- Roll each cookie in powdered sugar until fully coated
- Best if eaten within 3-4 days, can keep frozen up to 2 months
Pin It For Later: