Friday Frosting is a weekly catch-up post about happenings in my life and some of my favorite things!
Last weekend we celebrated our 3-year anniversary with dinner at The Inn at Little Washington and it was a dream! The Inn at Little Washington is one of 15 Three Michelin Star restaurants in the country. Three Michelin stars is as good as it gets when it comes to restaurants and our very high expectations going into the experience were exceeded! It’s located about an hour outside of DC and it’s the only three-star in the area.
Walter equated it to Disney World for foodies. You are basically swept into the restaurant and almost transported to another universe. It was an unbelievable culinary experience from the food, to the decor, to the customer service nothing is overlooked. You can read more about their customer service secrets in this Forbes article.
The food was out of this world, some of the courses are highlighted below (from top left to bottom right)
Carpaccio of Herb-Crusted Elysian Fields Baby Lamb Loin with Caesar Salad Ice Cream
Pan-Seared Maine Diver Scallop Perfumed with Curry and Calvados
A Duet of Lobster: Butter Poached and Cabbage-Wrapped Maine Lobster with Caviar Beurre Blanc
Apparently a Pear: white chocolate cheesecake, shaped like a pear filled with poached pears, garnished with a white chocolate ganache.
And now for your Friday Frosting 🙂
- Hello beautiful, these Roasted Strawberry Cupcakes look unreal!
- Do I need another jumpsuit? Probably not, but it’s on sale!
- This Cheddar Cornbread Waffle BLT looks crazy good!
- Have you ever tried dying Easter Eggs without artificial food coloring? These natural dyes look so cool! I especially love the way the turmeric one came out!
- We stayed over on Saturday night near the Inn at an Airbnb on a Christmas Tree Farm! It was a log cabin with a loft and no wifi – so relaxing!
- I shot this Overnight English Muffin Breakfast Casserole for Peanut Butter Fingers and it is SO good! It is such an easy option if you are making breakfast/brunch for a crowd.
- Bunny Butt cakes are the cutest, check out these cupcakes!
- This warm weather has me craving fresh juices! Might need to bust out my juicer soon!
Layla taking in the fresh country air 🙂