Friday Frosting is a weekly catch-up post about happenings in my life and some of my favorite things!
Welcome to this week’s Friday Frosting – Cherry Blossom Edition!
The Cherry Blossoms hit peak bloom in DC this week! All the rain we had last year proved to be great for the Cherry Blossoms, they are looking beautiful this year! They are so fragile and can be heavily impacted by freeze and drought so it’s rare that you get a year with ideal conditions.
We ventured to the tidal basin early Sunday morning in hopes of catching a sunrise, but some rain moved in a little earlier than expected. The good thing about the rain was it cleared out a lot of the crowds and was only raining on and off so we were able to get some nice, unobstructed photos without fighting too many people.
I went back on Wednesday morning, I ran there from Arlington so I didn’t have my camera just my phone, it was much more crowded as that morning we got a beautiful sunrise! One of my favorite things about living near DC is the sunrise over the Jefferson Memorial when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom! I think the blossoms will still be very nice through this weekend if you get a chance to go!
Now on to your regularly scheduled Friday Frosting programing…
- My friend Molly from Spices In My DNA just announced her new cookbook – Eat More Plants! It comes out in August and is available now for preorder on Amazon! She is a very talented recipe developer and food photographer, the book is going to be amazing!
- This looks unbelievable and would be perfect for an Easter brunch!
- Pad Thai in 30-minutes? Yes, please!
- Need some Spring weeknight dinner inspo? Check this out!
- Last weekend I went with some friends to Tiger Fork in DC, a restaurant that has been on my “need-to-go” list for a while now. “Tiger Fork offers playful, modern takes on Hong Kong street food, traditional dim sum, and classic Chinese dishes with global influence.” It did not disappoint! I highly recommend the Smashed Cucumber Salad – which sounds totally lame, but isn’t (trust me) and the Fried Rice.
- This Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake is calling my name!
- I talked about this last week on stories, but I have been loving Aldi grocery delivery through Instacart! I like to grocery shop, but sometimes I just can’t get to the store. Aldi is offering $10 your first 3 orders of $35 of more with the code SHOPALDI19! The delivery fee is $3.99 and then if you want to leave the driver a tip the $10 more than covers those extra costs, making delivery free! It’s such a time saver!
- We are entering Iced Coffee Season! Would you pick a Iced Vanilla Lavender Latte or a Iced Vanilla Rosemary Latte?
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that your price remains the same, but I may receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Sprinkles & Sea Salt!