Hello! I can’t believe the holidays are over and we are returning back to everyday life. The past 2 weeks flew by!
Flashback to Thursday night, here is a recap of our NYE party menu! We stuck to appetizers and desserts because let’s be honest they are the best! I love to snack and appetizer parties allow you to do just that. It was also a perfect choice because with waiting for mid-night and people showing up at all different times food was available all night.
Chips, Salsa and Guacamole
The guac was a big hit as always. It is one of my favorite things to make and to eat! It deserves it’s own post though, sometime in the future.
Raspberry Balsamic Meatballs
This is where the meatballs from last week come in! I had never made them before, but I definietly will be making them again in the future! I have had something similar made with grape jelly before, but I prefer raspberry and the balsamic makes them a little more adult. They were really easy and a crowd pleaser! See recipe below.
Mac & Cheese Bites
These did not turn out as well as I had hoped. I had to make them in small batches, so I tried to warm them up on low in the oven right before the party started and they ended up getting too dry… would have been better off just serving the mac & cheese in small cups.
Greek Salad Dip with Pita
My mom introduced me to this over Christmas! A refreshing, heathy dip-alternative. See recipe below.
Meat & Cheese Plate
Have you tried this fig dip? Amazing!
Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
You might recognize these from my first post, they were the extra batch that I had prepped and froze. I took them out and baked them about an hour before the party started. A win-win because they were all ready to go, made the house smell delicious and everyone was able to enjoy fresh-baked cookies (actually a win-win-WIN 🙂 ).
Trifle is one of my all-time favorite desserts, a post about trifles will be coming your way later this week!
Found on Pinterest, I love anything that has to do with elephants 🙂 A grapefruit vodka, cranberry, lemonade, sparkling cocktail.
Whiskey Sweet Tea
Something a little less girly. I don’t like whiskey, but those who do said it was very good.
sweet, yet sophisticated cocktail meatballs
- *1 batch meatballs, frozen
- 1 1/2 cups raspberry preserves
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tbs. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbs. fresh garlic, crushed
- sliced green onions, for garnish
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- *you can also use a 2 pound package of store bought frozen meatballs if you choose
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray
- Add meatballs
- In a small bowl whisk together raspberry preserves, sugar, balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce
- Reserve 1/2 cup sauce, pour remainder over meatballs
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes
- Cook on high for 2 1/2 hours
- Add reserved sauce, ginger and garlic and cook for 30 more minutes
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds before serving
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 180
quick, healthy, delicious, dip alternative
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- In a small bowl whisk together garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper, set aside
- In a large bowl combine all remaining ingredients except the feta cheese
- Pour the prepared vinegarette into the large bowl and mix
- Top with feta cheese
- Serve with pita
- Serving Size: 6
How was your NYE? Make/Eat anything good?