Thank you to Brummel & Brown Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread for sponsoring this post! I love working with my favorite brands!
“It’s just another meatless Monday, I wish it was Sunday ’cause that’s my fun day”. Isn’t that how the song goes? Ha. No, but really #meatlessmonday has this negative connotation of being like punishment. Because Monday’s are perceived as horrible and then add meatless to the torture. But it doesn’t have to be like that, Monday’s can be your fun day too. We can look forward to our meatless dinners when they are as fun and delicious as this Baked Buttery Lemon Pepper Tilapia.
I mean look at it. How happy are those lemon slices smiling up at you atop a perfectly browned piece of tilapia swimming in a buttery lemon pepper sauce!?
Brummel & Brown Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread makes dishes like this not only delicious, but also healthy, without compromising flavor. Their buttery spread is made with real yogurt and plant based oils. It tastes like butter, but with half the saturated fat and no cholesterol. It can be used as a spread, in baking or in savory dishes like this one as a sauce or marinade.
Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall this dish just works. It warms the tummy in the winter, but it has a light, fresh flavor that would be refreshing on a hot summer day.
Hot Summer Day… does that not sound A-Ma-Zing right now!? Excuse me while I go curl up by the fire, eat a plate full of this buttery lemon pepper goodness and transport myself to a tropical paradise.Print
- 4 6oz filets tilapia
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup Brummel and Brown Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Prepare a 9X13″ baking dish with non-stick spray
- Pat the tilapia filets dry with a paper towel
- Sprinkle with salt
- Lay filets in the baking dish
- In a small sauce pan, melt Brummel and Brown Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread over low heat
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest, mix
- Pour buttery mixture over tilapia
- Sprinkle with cracked black pepper
- Top with lemon slices
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Switch oven to broil, broil for 3-5 minutes until fish starts to brown on the top
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme
- Serve hot
Pin It For Later: