Broiled Grapefruit and Rosemary Margaritas
Nothing screams Mexican Fiesta like margaritas, am I right?! I had some friends over to test out a few margarita recipes as a personal sacrifice to finding you the best Cinco de Mayo margarita recipe 😉 You’re welcome 🙂 We tried a few variations and this was the winner! Broiled Grapefruit and Rosemary Margaritas!
Coat half a pink grapefruit with a thin layer of brown sugar and broil for 2-4 minutes until browned while being careful not to let it burn. Allow the grapefruit to cool and then juice it into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. By broiling the grapefruit with the brown sugar it adds the perfect amount of sweet to the drink! Add 4 shots of tequila and 4 sprigs of rosemary to the cocktail shaker, cover and shake. Distribute the mixture between 4 glasses with filled half full with ice, fill the rest of the glass with Spindrift Grapefruit Seltzer and garnish with a sprig of rosemary. Cheers!
Have you guys tried Spindrift seltzer? We are big seltzer fans over in our house and Spindrift is a new favorite! The grapefruit flavor really comes through in the seltzer making it a perfect drink mixer!
Salt or sugar rim? Part of the fun of drinking a margarita is the rim garnish. Depending on the type of margarita you have to decide between a classic salt rim or going rouge and opting for a sugar rim. Given this drinks unique flavor combo it’s not a surprise that we opted unanimously for the sugar rim!
Now that drinks are checked off the Cinco de Mayo prep list tomorrow we will take care of dessert! You won’t want to miss it 🙂Print
Broiled Grapefruit & Rosemary Margarita
- 1/2 large pink grapefruit
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 shots of tequila
- 8 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 2 cans Spindrift Grapefruit Seltzer
- Turn oven onto broil
- Spread brown sugar in a thin layer on the 1/2 grapefruit
- Place grapefruit on a tray, cut and sugared side up
- Put tray in oven
- Broil 2-4 minutes with the oven door cracked open, watching to make sure it does not burn
- Remove from oven and cool
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice
- Juice broiled grapefruit into cocktail shaker
- Add 4 shots of tequila
- Add 4 sprigs of rosemary
- Cover and shake
- Fill 4 glasses 1/2 full with ice
- Distribute the tequila mixture evenly between 4 glasses
- Fill the rest of the glass with Spindrift Grapefruit Seltzer
- Garnish each drink with a sprig of rosemary
Pin It For Later:
Let’s be friends! Follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook!
grapefruit is one of my fav fruit and always love them in my drinks. i will have to try this combination. looks so refreshing!
I hope you do!