Happy #TacoTuesday everybody! The count down to Cinco de Mayo is on! If you follow me on Instagram you know I am featuring a different Mexican recipe each day this week! Yesterday I posted my Classic Guacamole, a recipe I posted last year on Cinco de Mayo and a staple in this house hold 🙂 Today I’m sharing my recipe for Pineapple Mojito Shrimp Tacos. They are sweet, spicy, tangy and tasty to satisfy any flavor craving!
For these tacos you’re firing up the grill and skewering up the shrimp for best results! First marinade the shrimp in a lime, cayenne concoction. After marinading for at least an hour, cook shrimp on each side for about 2 minutes until completely cooked through (grill should be around 450°F).
The pineapple salsa is what gives the tacos their mojito flare! Chop the pineapple up into small pieces, mix with chopped mint, lime juice, olive oil, sea salt and a splash of rum if you dare! For the best flavor you will also want to let the salsa marinate for at least an hour before assembling the tacos.
The assembly is easy! Using soft, white flour tortillas, fill each taco with 1/4 of the pineapple salsa, layer sliced avocado, place 3-4 shrimp on top of the salsa/avocado, top with sour cream and sprinkle with cilantro and cojito cheese.
Follow along here and over on my Instagram and by Friday you you will have all the recipes you need for a full Mexican feast to celebrate Cinco de Mayo!Print
- 1/2 lb raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped small
- 1 tbsp mint, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp light rum (optional)
- sea salt to taste
- 4 small white flour soft taco shells
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup cojito cheese, crumbled
- In a small bowl, mix shrimp with lime juice, zest, cayenne pepper and sea salt
- Put shrimp in fridge to marinate at least 1 hour
- Meanwhile, make the salsa
- In a small bowl combine pineapple, mint, olive oil, lime juice, rum (optional) and sea salt
- Place in fridge to marinate at least 1 hour
- After an hour or more, remove the shrimp from the fridge, put on skewers
- Light the grill, heat to 450 degrees
- Place skewers on the grill, cook about 2 minutes on each side until cooked through, remove from grill
- Assemble tacos
- Fill each taco shell with 1/4 of the pineapple salsa, 3-4 shrimp, 1 tbsp sour cream, 2-3 slices avocado, sprinkle with cojito cheese and cilantro
Pin It For Later: