A versatile Thai Peanut Noodle bowl. With the rich and vibrant flavor of the peanut sauce this dish can be enjoyed warm or cold, curled up on the couch or at a summer picnic.
There are so many things I love about these Thai Peanut Noodles. If you haven’t noticed yet, Asian cuisine is my favorite cuisine varietal. One of my life long goals is to be able to cook Asian food that is as good as you can get out at a restaurant. I’ll probably be working on this until I die, but these Thai Peanut Noodles are the closest I’ve come so far! Win 🙂
One of the things I struggle with when making Asian dishes is feeling like I need 100 million different ingredients, most of which I cannot pronounce. Anyone else with me on that?
With these Thai Peanut Noodles I’m keeping the ingredient list pretty short and familiar.
For the sauce I used creamy peanut butter, garlic, red curry paste, rice vinegar, lime juice, fish sauce, ginger paste and lite coconut milk. I know that may not seem like a short list, but for an Asian sauce it is. And some ingredients may look unfamiliar, but they can all be found in a regular grocery store like a Giant or a Safeway. YOU CAN DO THIS!
I used carrots, red bell pepper and snap peas for the veggies and tofu as the protein. All of these things could be subbed out for your favorites. Think eggplant, broccoli and sweet potatoes… they will all work so go with what you’ve got!
The key to making all of the flavors work is in the garnishes. They are all “optional”, but really you should use them all for best results 😉 The combo of the fresh cilantro, mint and green onions with the added crunch from the peanuts and the splash of lime juice will light up this dish and your pallet!
But like I said, you do YOU. Hate cilantro? Skip it! (My heart will break a little, but I’ll forgive you 😉 )Print
- 14oz extra firm tofu, pressed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas, chopped
- Add 3 cups cooked rice noodles
- 1/4 cup pb (creamy)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 13.66oz can lite coconut milk
- green onions, chopped
- mint, chopped
- cilantro, chopped
- peanuts, crushed
- lime juice
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F
- Cut tofu into small cubes
- In a large bowl toss the tofu with olive oil and sea salt
- Spread tofu on a large baking sheet
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Meanwhile, mix together the sauce
- In a small bowl whisk together the peanut butter, garlic, red curry paste, rice vinegar, lime juice, fish sauce, ginger paste and lite coconut milk, set aside
- Remove from tofu from oven, set aside
- In a large frying pan, heat coconut oil over medium heat
- Add carrots, sauté 10 minutes
- Add the red bell peppers and sugar snap peas
- Sauté 4-5 minutes
- Add sauce, bring to a boil
- Lower heat to simmer
- Add noodles and tofu, toss
- Serve with desired garnishes
Pin It For Later: