Hello, Happy Weekend! And Happy April!?! I say this every month, but I really can’t believe it’s April already! We are getting so close to moving into that no more coat weather and you know what that means, our morning coffee goes from hot to iced! Today I’m sharing a recipe with you for an Iced Roasted Hazelnut Mocha Cold Brew Love You A-Latte! It’s made with Kohana Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate and homemade roasted hazelnut cacao milk! I’ve entered the recipe into a contest with Kohana Coffee! PLEASE VOTE FOR MY RECIPE HERE 🙂
Kohana Coffee supplied me with a bottle of their Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate for the contest. Cold brew concentrates seem to be all the rage right now, I see them popping up everywhere. They really are very convenient, a bottle like the one pictured above can last about a week (if you drink 1 cup a day) and doesn’t take up lots of room in the fridge. All you do is dilute it to your desired strength with water or milk and its ready to drink!
(You can find the heart shaped ice cube tray here)
Another fun thing you can do with cold brew concentrate is freeze it into ice cubes! Then, when you add it to your milk, it slowly melts transforming the drink into an iced latte and saving you from dreaded watered down coffee!
That is what I have done for this recipe 🙂 For funsies I froze the concentrate into heart shapes! A drink as delicious as this latte should be enjoyed slowly and with a friend or a loved one, so why not dress it up with some hearts 🙂
To make the roasted hazelnut cacao milk, first I soaked roasted hazelnuts overnight, then I added them to a blender with filtered water, cacao powder and dates for a touch of sweetness. I blended it on high until of the nuts and dates were pureed. Next I strained it through this nut milk bag to get out all of the pulp. After straining, I was left with this silky, smooth, roasted hazelnut cacao milk perfect for my iced latte!Print
Woo your coffee date with this Iced Roasted Hazelnut Mocha Cold Brew Love You A-Latte! Homemade roasted hazelnut cacao milk makes hearts melt (frozen cold brew hearts, that is) allowing the Kohana Cold Brew Concentrate to slowly infuse into a deliciously smooth iced latte!
- 12 tablespoons Kohana Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate
- 1 cup roasted (unsalted) hazelnuts
- 5 cups filtered water
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- Pour 1 tablespoon of cold brew into 12 heart shaped ice cube trays (if you do not have a heart shaped ice cube tray any ice cube tray will do)
- Put ice cubes in the freezer, freeze overnight
- Put roasted hazelnuts in a jar with a lid, pour 2 cups purified water overtop, close jar with lid, refrigerate overnight
- Drain hazelnuts
- Pour hazelnuts into a blender
- Add Medjool dates and cacao powder
- Pour in 3 cups of filtered water
- Turn blender on high, blend 2-3 minutes
- Strain mixture through a nut milk bag to remove pulp, what remains is the roasted hazelnut cacao milk
- Fill 2 glasses with 6 cold brew concentrate ice cubes a piece
- Pour roasted hazelnut cacao milk over the cold brew concentrate ice cubes
- Stir, allowing the cold brew concentrate ice cubes to slowly infuse into the roasted hazelnut cacao milk forming the Iced Roasted Hazelnut Mocha Cold Brew Love You A-Latte
- Enjoy with someone you love!
Pin It For Later:
Weekend Goals: Make this Roasted Hazelnut Mocha Love You A-Latte, share it with a friend or loved one, and VOTE for my recipe! Thanks for your support 🙂
As a bonus, Kohana Coffee also wants to thank you for voting, use code KOHANACHEF to receive 25% off your next order from Kohana Coffee’s online store!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. I only link to products I personally use and believe in. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I receive a small commission, but the price you pay is not affected. Thanks for your support!