Hello, hello! We’ve been having a welcome break from the typical August heat here in the DC area with some crazy thunder storms! In between the storms we have been trying to get out and grill as much as possible! Today I am partnering with Frontier Co-Op to bring you this Grilled Summer Vegetable Pasta recipe featuring their Sea Salt, Table Grind.
Frontier Co-Op sources all of their spices from growers who are committed to sustainability, ethical trade and quality. They graciously allowed me to sample a variety of their spices and create a new recipe to share with you guys today!
Summer vegetables are delicious on their own, but when sprinkled with a little sea salt and olive oil their flavors are elevated to the next level. It is easy to forget how delicious a simple skewer of zucchini, pepper, onion and corn on the cob can be!
What you see is what you get with this pasta salad. After grilling the vegetable skewers you cut the vegetables into small pieces and add them to a 1/2 pound of whole wheat pasta, mix with a little more olive oil and a touch of lemon juice. No other spices are necessary because the sea salt draws out all of the delicious vegetable flavors. This summer pasta is a versatile dish that can be served warm as the main course or cold as a side dish.Print
- 1 large onion
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Frontier Co-Op Sea Salt, Table Grind
- 1/2 pound whole wheat penne
- 4oz burrata cheese (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Heat Grill to 400℉
- Cut onion, corn, zucchini and red pepper into large pieces and stick on skewers for grilling
- Brush skewered vegetables with olive oil, sprinkle with Frontier Co-Op Sea Salt
- Put vegetable skewers on the grill and grill for 12 minutes, rotating a quarter turn every 3 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions, put in large bowl, set aside
- Once vegetables are done allow them to cool to a temperature where you are able to safely handle them
- Cut the corn off of the cob
- Cut the other vegetables into smaller, bite-sized pieces
- Add all of the to the pasta, mix
- Slice the burrata into bite sized pieces (optional)
- Add sliced burrata (optional), 2 tbsp olive oil and lemon juice to the pasta and vegetables, mix
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate and eat as a cold pasta salad
Pin it for later:
Thank you to Frontier Co-Op for sponsoring this post!