Today we are celebrating Layla’s Gotcha Day! 2 years ago today we were scooping her up from Busch Vizsla in Winnebago, IL and starting the nearly 13 hour drive home with a 7 week old puppy 🙂 Neither of us having had a dog before we were very excited, but also a little nervous about what to expect from our new addition.
She surprised us by being a very easy passenger. She mostly slept the whole way – that’s what puppies do, mostly sleep… and pee all over the house! Haha, luckily that phase didn’t last too long 😉 She grew so quickly (another thing puppies tend to do) it is hard to remember that she was ever that small! But she was such a little munchkin, only 7 pounds when we brought her home! She’s now full grown at 46 pounds and quite sure of herself.
Her favorite things include off-leash runs, snuggling, licking our dinner plates and TREATS!
You may have noticed that we like taking any excuse to spoil and celebrate our favorite pup! As a special treat to celebrate her gotcha day I made these Strawberry Banana Pupsicles!
The “pupsicle” part is just strawberries, bananas and greek yogurt, blended up and frozen, the “pupsicle” stick is a large Milk-Bone biscuit!
She was a bit skeptical of them at first, but after a while she got into it. She was a little confused why she couldn’t eat the “pupsicle” stick first…
In the end, though she clearly enjoyed the “pupsicle”, I think she was thinking “man that was the hardest I’ve ever worked for a Milk-Bone”, ha! Which might also say something about our puppy parenting skills, hehe….
Give them a try and let me know how your pup likes them!
Disclaimer: This recipe is made with ingredients that are considered to be dog friendly. However, every dog is different and may have allergies or intolerances to specific ingredients.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 4 large Milkbone biscuits
- *You will also need 4 plastic cups
- Put frozen bananas, frozen strawberries, greek yogurt and almond milk in a powerful blender, blend until smooth
- Divide between 4 plastic cups
- Stick 1 large Milk-Bone biscuit into each cup to serve as the “popsicle stick”, the mixture should be thick enough to hold the biscuit upright until it freezes
- Freeze for at least 6 hours, overnight is better
- Remove pop from plastic cup before giving to your pup
Pin It For Later: