Today I am excited to be partnering with Brummel & Brown to bring you this Triple Berry Muffin recipe that I made using their new Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread! Especially when it comes to breakfast baked goods I like to look for ways to lighten them up without sacrificing flavor. Using Brummel & Brown’s Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread I was able to replace the butter or shortening you would normally find in a classic muffin recipe, it’s trans fat free and has half the saturated fat of butter!
These muffins are loaded with fresh berries! Equal parts raspberries, blueberries and blackberries add a juicy variety to every bite! This time of year I can’t get enough berries. The battle for my favorite is definitely between blackberries and raspberries, what can I say I have expensive taste 😉 I always think I like blackberries over raspberries, but then I eat them side by side and it’s a really hard decision. I think the flavor of raspberries is my favorite, but blackberries beat them out for my favorite spot because of their firmer texture. What’s your favorite summer berry?
These muffins make a great weekend breakfast treat! It takes just about 35 minuets to whip up a batch, perfect for a lazy Saturday or Sunday morning.
The muffins can be enjoyed hot right out of the oven, on their own or with a smear of your favorite spread!
The recipe yields a dozen large muffins, so the leftovers will serve as an easy grab-and-go breakfast for you and your family throughout the week!Print
- 1/2 cup Brummel & Brown Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 2 tbsp pearl sugar (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F
- Add buttery yogurt spread and white sugar to bowl of an electric mixer fitted with blade attachment, beat on high until it looks fluffy
- Add sour cream, mix on high
- Add egg, mix until combined
- Add vanilla extract, mix
- In a small bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, white flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt
- Slowly add dry mixture to wet ingredients, mix
- Fold in berries
- Grease a muffin tin, split mixture between 12 muffin cups
- Sprinkle muffin tops with pearl sugar (optional)
- Bake at 375°F for 5 minutes, reduce heat to 325°F and bake for 20 more minutes until muffins are cooked through
Pin It For Later:
Thanks so much to Brummel & Brown for sponsoring this post!