Less than 2 weeks to go until Christmas! Are you ready?
We had a Christmas Party on Saturday night which officially put us in the holiday spirit! Since Thanksgiving I had been making cookies and treats prepping for the party including this Butterscotch Pretzel Toffee!
I sent everyone who would take it home with a goodie bag full of cookies and toffee because we won’t be home for Christmas and Walter doesn’t have a big sweet tooth, so if not in their goodie bags there’s only one other place they could end up… my belly! And because people LOVE goodie bags! Society has this misconception that they are just for kids, but you will never see a smile so bright as an adult offered a goodie bag. Trust me.
They evoke so much joy, bringing back sweet childhood memories. Back then, was a party without a goodie bag even a party?!
This Butterscotch Pretzel Toffee makes a great gift or goody bag for your holiday guests! And it’s really easy to make with only 5 ingredients!
Heads up, make sure you press the pretzels into the butterscotch. With the first batch I made I had trouble with the pretzels not sticking!Print
- 15 graham crackers
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 cup pretzels (small twists)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray
- Lay the graham crackers in an even layer on the baking sheet with bottoms facing up
- In a heavy bottomed medium sauce pan over medium melt butter and sugar, stirring
- Bring mixture to a boil
- Immediately reduce to a simmer
- Simmer 4-5 minuets, stirring continuously
- Pour sugar mixture over graham crackers, spread in an even layer
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with butterscotch chips
- Using a rubber spatula spread butterscotch in an even layer over the graham crackers
- Top with pretzels, break into pieces or keep whole, be sure to press them into the butterscotch so they will stick
- Place tray in the fridge for at least 2 hours or until hardened completely
- Break into pieces
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 weeks
Pin It For Later: