About a week ago I decided to try my hand at making some Thai food for a small dinner party we were having. I knew I wanted to make something pretty simple, but delicious. This recipe checked both of those boxes! For our company I made it with beef rather than chicken and I want to try it out with shrimp at some point! I served it with a sticky white rice and it was a big hit!
It is really quick and easy to make once you have the meat and vegetables chopped and sliced. The cornstarch and red curry paste are the heroes of the recipe – the cornstarch thickens the coconut milk and the red curry paste flavors and makes it a pretty pink color!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 can (14oz) coconut milk
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste (optional)
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add chicken and stir, cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add all chopped/sliced vegetables with the red curry paste, stir, cook 3 more minutes
- Whisk cornstarch into coconut milk until dissolved
- Pour over chicken and vegetables, stir until combined with red curry paste
- Turn heat down to medium and cook 3-5 minutes (depending on how soft you like your vegetables)
- Top with chopped cilantro, if desired
- Serve over rice or noodles
Super easy and so delicious! Walter and I will be honeymooning in Thailand in April, this dish got me very excited about the food! I am hoping that we will get a chance to take a cooking class at some point during our trip!
- A great recipe to make ahead of time – I like it better the next day after is has marinated in the coconut curry sauce!
- Add a spritz of fresh lime juice right before eating to brighten up the flavors. Yummy!