Layla’s boyfriend Nugget turned 1 yesterday! Layla and Nugget are 1 month and 1 day apart and they are the best of friends! Nugget lives around the corner from us and he will not walk past our house without checking if Layla is home and can come out to play. Layla spends her days perched in the window waiting for her Nugget to come walking by. Oh young, puppy love!
For Nugget’s birthday our neighbors invited us over for a BBQ and to let the puppies play. Of course there were also pupcakes, people cake and lots and lots of treats! I had frozen 3 of the 6 pupcakes from Layla’s birthday so this was a perfect opportunity to bring them back out! They seemed to like them just as well this time as they did when they were fresh… How cute are those cookie treats!? The hot dog cracks me up! And you can barely see them in the picture, but Nugget’s mom even got the puppies party favors – giant shin bones! #spoiledpuppies
Here is the birthday boy sneaking in for a second pupcake 🙂 You can never have too much cake on your birthday! The party was a huge success and we left with a very tired Layla which is always a plus! We joked that in a few years we will be throwing them a wedding (kinda a joke, kinda I’m serious 🙂 )
I have been on a cookie kick lately because in a few weeks we are hosting a wine tour weekend and will have lots of people visiting/coming over for a BBQ and I want something easy that I can put out for dessert. I have been experimenting with some different recipes like the Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Cookies and now these Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies. I will also be making a few batches of Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies from my very first blog post!
You just can’t go wrong with peanut butter and anything, but pretzels and chocolate are 2 of the best peanut butter compliments. A perfect bite is when you get a pretzel, chocolate chip and PB M&M all at once! These cookies come together quickly and bake up in only 10 minutes.
Due to the peanut butter, when you remove them from the oven they will be a bit puffy and almost fragile looking. I like to take a fork or a spatula and press them down gently so they take on more of a cookie shape.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups while all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter M&Ms
- 1 cup mini salted pretzels, large crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with blade attachment, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy
- Add peanut butter, beat on high 1 minute
- Add eggs 1 at a time, mixing in between
- Add vanilla extract, mix until combined
- In a small bowl mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients, mixing on low until fully combined
- Fold in chocolate chips, Peanut Butter M&Ms and crushed pretzels
- Form dough into golf ball sized balls and place on baking sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven, place tray on a baking rack
- After 2 minutes press down gently on each cookie with the face of a fork or spatula to form a perfect cookie shape
- Continue to cool
I hope you’ll give them a try 🙂