This refreshing Blackberry Mint Fizz made with a blackberry mint puree, blackberry seltzer and vodka is the perfect spring or summer cocktail!
It’s been one of those weeks over here. Early Wednesday morning I spilled 1/2 a cup of water on my computer bringing it to it’s death. It was only 3 years and 65 days old… 65 days out of warranty and apple care (insert rolling eyes emoji here). I’m getting a new one today and slowly piecing my life back together… It is actually a little sad and very crazy how reliant I am on my computer. Thankfully I still had my phone, which helped me function at like 50%.
So we are toasting to the weekend and a new computer over here! This Blackberry Mint Fizz is a super refreshing, vodka based cocktail that is perfect for making in a pitcher to serve at a dinner party or picnic (yesterday felt like picnic weather so we can start thinking about them again!).
The drink is really simple once you have the mint syrup made. It’s just a simple syrup with fresh mint steeped into it. It can be made in advance in a bigger batch and kept in the refrigerator so it’s ready to go whenever you are in the mood for a Blackberry Mint Fizz!
Start off by making a puree of blackberries, mint leaves and mint syrup. Next add the puree and vodka to a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake, shake, shake! Pour the mixture into an ice filled pitcher, add Spindrift Blackberry Seltzer to top it off, garnish with more blackberries and mint leaves.
Spindrift uses real fruit to flavor their seltzer water’s giving them real fruit flavor that is hard to find in other seltzers. I also love that this blackberry seltzer is purple in color giving this Blackberry Mint Fizz a beautiful purple hue. I find Spindrift at my local Trader Joe’s, but they are also for sale at some Whole Foods, Harris Teeters and Targets, as well as other retailers.Print
Blackberry Mint Fizz
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- 1/2 cup mint syrup
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 4 cups ice
- 8oz vodka
- 4 cans Spindrift Blackberry
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups mint leaves, chopped
Blackberry Mint Fizz
- Add frozen blackberries, mint syrup and mint leaves to a high powered blender, blend on high
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice, add blackberry puree and vodka, shake
- Fill a pitcher about 1/2 full with remaining ice
- Pour blackberry vodka mixture over the ice in the pitcher
- Fill the rest of the pitcher with Blackberry Spindrift, stir
- Garnish with more blackberries and mint leaves
- Add the water and sugar to a heavy bottomed sauce pan, bring to a low boil, mixing frequently
- Remove from heat, add chopped mint leaves
- Let mint steep in the syrup for 1-4 hour, strain to remove mint
- Store up to 1 month in the refrigerator
Pin It For Later:
This post is not sponsored, all opinions are my own.
Did you hear? Chocolate Covered Cheetah is becoming Sprinkles & Sea Salt! Not to worry, it’s still me churning out delicious recipes helping YOU get out of your comfort zone in the kitchen! Look for this change coming soon ????